SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Balance coil replacement

A home owner from Greater London, UK says:
Good Afternoon,

I was wondering, if I could order few replacement parts( coil balance). I've been trying to find parts in United Kingdom, but bo luck. Could you let me know if you have an option to post it to UK( post code: BR1 3JX, Bromley, Greater London), and how much would it cost( or if you know any suppliers in UK, please let me know). I've attached few photos too.

Nr on the part:PAT.#5.704.165 and at the bottom nr 550.

Not sure what weight, but i can e-mail it if needed. Shape: square, approx 80cm*80cm

Kind Regards,
Leon
User submitted photo of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Leon. We should be able to help, yes. Yours is a slightly different style but I think you could consider our 15-180 shoe and Series 190 spring. Look this hardware over and see what you think. Just make sure the measurements all match up. Keep in mind that the individual components for this kind of balance are all sold individually, so feel free to only replace the parts that are damaged. You can just reuse the rest!

As for shipping, we use a trusted third-party company for international orders. I won't be able to calculate shipping off the top of my head, but it will be calculated for you automatically during checkout (but before the order is finalized, in case you want to make any changes). You can see more information on our Shipping Policy.
Hi Tom,
Thanks for your reply, just a quick question: there are few options in series 190 springs, is 640 would be most suitable,( also I've found nr 6 on the side of the spring), just want to be sure before ordering. Thank you again for your help.
Kind Regards,
Leon,
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
If you have a "6" on your spring, then the S190-640 is probably what you want. Keep in mind that each of these springs can carry 6 pounds of weight; so 4 springs altogether can carry 24 pounds. If your sash weight falls in that range then it's definitely the way to go!
Thanks for your help Tom, I'll place an order for S190-640
Kind Regards,
Leon,
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)