SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Balance for window.

A contractor from Bellefontaine, Ohio says:
I have a vinyl single hung window that I need to replace balances on. It appears to be the 850 series, and my question is concerning the shoe. I believe the shoe is 1 1/4" vs 1" because when I put my tape in the extrusion of the main frame toward the inside of the frame, it looks like 1" would come out. There seems to be very little play in the existing shoe. The second question is that on the window in question the left shoe is black and the right shoe is white although everything else appears to be the same. Do I need to replace the shoes with the balances? If so, can you guess from my info what I need? The balance size closed to mine is 26.5". Thanks Barry
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yes, the shoes will have to be replaced with the balance. I cannot speak for the width, you are going to have to remove the balance from the window so you can get a more accurate reading, but I can help with the color. If you give me the weight of your window sash and the true width of your shoe, I can suggest the best color.
A contractor from Bellefontaine Ohio says:
The shoe width is just under 1 1/4" and the sash is 18.8 lbs. looking at other windows in the house, it appears that they are all black except this mix matched black on one side and white on the other.
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. See our S850-26 and see if this can work as a replacement for you.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)