SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Balance identification

A home owner from Vacaville Ca says:
Swisco, I need to know what balances I need for my windows. As in the phone conversation the two types of S-380-29 balances I ordered broke as soon as I put them in my window. I am going to send my order back but
I need to know which balances will work in my window. Hence; I sent the pictures of balances that came out of my window. I hope you will be able to help.

User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Good morning, Todd. What exactly broke on the balance when you installed it? I recommend weighing your sash on a scale to make sure your original stamp of 2830 is correct. Also, the wrong balance guides or a faulty top sash guide might have done it.

Based on your photos, the balance looks like our S395-29. This comes with a 19-005 top and 15-001 (1-1/8" depth) bottom, pre-assembled. For your spring weight option, the 2830 appears to be the best choice, but this may not be correct. It is for a sash weighing between 16 through 23 pounds. If your sash weight falls outside this range, it would explain why the new balances broke.
A home owner from Vacaville says:
So I ordered he S395-29 (after weighing my sash) and they work just fine. However some of the plastic pieces in the upper corners of my windows need to be replaced. I cannot tell for sure which part they are. I would like to avoid ordering the wrong parts and having to send them back. I have attached a couple of pictures. Can you tell me what part these are so I can order the right ones.

Thank you,

User submitted photo of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Take a look at our 18-009 and let me know how well the measurements compare.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)