SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Balance identification

A home owner from Denver says:
Hi, I need help finding replacement springs. I have included a couple of photos. The old part is marked 26DS, sideways BSI or BSL (not sure) and then NL 32. I have included the end fittings in the photos too. The length of the metal is 27", the width is 1/2" and the depth is 5/8". I also need the take out clips that are located on the inside of the windows (both are gone), and one of the clips from the bottom, as only one remains. This clip is located right above where the hook for the bottom of the springs goes into the window. (last picture) PS, I can't get the photos to go thru on your identify a part area.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Looking at your pictures, I believe the best match we have is our S385-27 channel balance. This comes with the 19-005 and 15-004 pre-attached, so you may want to look these pieces and their measurements over to confirm that they are the same as what you have now.

I'm not as sure about the stamp option. Based on what you have written, I would suspect that your sash weighs 32 pounds. You might want to confirm by placing it on a scale. If so, I'd recommend our 2660 option, which can carry a weight of 30 through 33 pounds.

For the take out clip, see our 16-002.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)