SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Balance identification

A professional from USA says:
Can you tell me which series of balance, if any, would match a CRL 34" FD183D overhead sash balance? Thanks!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Would you be able to show me a picture of the clip at the end of the cord? That would be a huge help. Can you also confirm your stamp? If your balance is 34" long, the stamp should read 33DS, not 183D. Let me know.
A contractor from Vista, CA says:
Hi Paul,

I don't have a picture of the actual balance, as it's in the customer's window still. My technician identified it in our CRL book. The stamp is FD183D, which corresponds to a CRL 28 1/4", but the actual channel is 34".
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. I'm afraid this information contradicts what's available for this balance. I am not sure what to recommend. We will need to see a picture of the clip I mentioned, a confirmation of the balance length, and a confirmation of the stamp. If the length and the stamp are what you mentioned, we will need your sash weight, as well. I think at this point it would be a good idea to get a picture of the balance itself, too.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)