Balance identification

A home owner from USA says:
I have single hung vinyl windows that are 25 years old. The opening sash swings in on hinges on left side for cleaning. I need balances for hinge side and opening side.
Windows were either Leveline or Silverline. Not sure which.
Balances have a shoe on bottom.
Number stamped on this particular balance was 2530.
Need to know what to order.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
We should be able to help, though you have an old discontinued hinge window and your balances will have to be custom made. They're also a bit involved, so we will need you to specify some information.

First, there's a chance each balance on either side of your window have different stamps. You mentioned that one reads 2530, but not the other. Stamps are indicative of spring strength so this is important to know.

Next, these balances are asymmetrical. What this means is that the nylon attachments on either end of one balance should differ from the other. In your case, one balance should have the 19-008 top and 15-025 bottom, but the other balance should have just the 19-008 top and no bottom at all. I will need you to specify which combination goes with which of the aforementioned stamps.

Finally, please tell me how many of each you need.

Hopefully this all makes sense. Let me know if you need clarification.
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.