SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Balance identification and installation help

A handy person from USA says:
I have a attached some pictures of our window and shutter frames . Because the shutter frame overhangs the window, I am not able to remove the window. As you can see, the window comes out of one side but there is only some wiggle room on the other side and I cannot remove the window completely. I have been able to attach the balance to the hook slot and also to the top to the takeout clip without removing the window. However when I slide the window up or down the balance comes out. I notice the balance hook is a little different from yours. Can you think of any way that I can replace these balances without removing the window? Thanks so much for your help. Karen.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Karen. The sash should still be able to come out or your window, despite the frame sticking out slightly more on the one side. You should be able to just slide it out of that side. Make sure you pop out both take out clips. See the video below to see how we do it.

As for the replacement balance, we can custom make it for you. Before we can begin, I will need to know the stamp printed on the metal channel, the length of the metal channel, and a picture of the top attachment. Thanks!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)