SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Balance is broke.

A quick learner from Indiana says:
We have Simonton single hung windows that are about 20 years old. The coil broke in one of the balances. I would like suggestions on part numbers for all the workings. I think for the pivot shoe I will need part 15-111. For the coil support, I don't see the individual dual supports anymore, so I figure I will need part 15-150D for that. The coil is where I am stumped. The broken coil that I took out is 1/2" wide and has PAT5232208 33" stamped on it. I cannot find a poundage stamped on it like 6 or 6.5. I did weigh the window sash itself and it is 20 pounds if that helps. Would you recommend the S160-6 coil? Thanks!
User submitted photo of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
You are correct, the 15-111 pivot shoe looks like a great match. Your covers look fine, so check out our S160-9 coil springs based on your shoe and the stamp printed on your current springs.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)