SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Balance options

A quick learner from USA says:
Hi I need to order a window replacement balance and it looks like your S395-29. But I am not sure what option to choose. The stamp on my broken balance showed marking 27-4.
Is S395-29 the right balance? In the picture, I do not see a clip at the bottom which is what I have in my window balances.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
A stamp of 27-4 usually corresponds to our 2740 option, but you can always weigh your sash to confirm.

You mention a clip at the bottom of your balance. That makes me somewhat suspicious. if possible, please show us a few pictures of your balance. Specifically, we need to see both the bottom and top attachment, as well as the clip you mention. That will allow us to confirm.
A quick learner says:
See the small metal piece tied to the balance string at the bottom of balance (circled in red). This is what I referred as clip. I am certain that 19-005 at top and 15-001 at bottom are the guides I needed. However, your options are start from 2810 to 2860 and there is no 2740 option.

Regards!

Allen
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I suspected as much. I'm afraid the Series 395 will not replace this. You have a balance that will need to be custom made. We will definitely be able to help, but before we go any further I would like a closer picture of the bottom nylon shoe and the metal clip in question. I cannot make them out in your photo. I would also like you to confirm the length of the metal channel. It shouldn't be 29". Thanks!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)