SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Balance replacement #26 3

A handy person from Des Moines, WA. says:
it appears I need to replace the window balance since the plastic centering pulley the cord runs on has broken and it doesn't appear that it can be replaced as a separate piece. I have Kinco windows in our mobile home and as far a a part number for this part, the only thing I see is #26 3.

The metal portion of the balance is 26 15/16" long and overall length of balance is is 27 7/8".

Any help in replacing this part would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks, Keith
User submitted picture of channel balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Before I can offer an applicable replacement for this channel balance, I just need to know a bit more information about the bottom attachment. Please take a look at our 15-004 and 15-005 channel balance shoes, and note their depths. As you can see, they are 1-3/32" deep and 1" deep, respectively. Which one more closely matches your own bottom attachment?
A quick learner from Des Moines, WA says:
Hi Tom,
It appears the 1-3/32" 15-004 Channel Balance Shoe is the correct size for my application.

Profile picture of Tom
Thank you. I recommend that you look at our S385-27 channel balance. Does this look about right? I also recommend the 2630 stamp option, which can support a window sash weight range of 13 through 19 pounds. Does your sash fall within that range?

Please keep in mind that the weight range information is based on 2 balances per sash. Balances are designed assuming friction in the jamb weather-strip will carry a portion of the sash weight. Suggested sash weights are approximate.
A handy person from Des Moines, WA says:
Hi Tom,
you are very good with your research and recommendations, the S385-27 channel balance and the 2630 stamp option will work perfectly and yes I will order 2 balances for the sash.
Thanks so much for your help in resolving my channel balance problem.
Keith
Profile picture of Tom
Of course, Keith, it was my pleasure! Let us know if you have any other questions, I would be more than happy to help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)