SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Balance replacement

A home owner from Texas says:
I bought replacement 29" shoe balance from you for my single hung aluminum Champion window. I can't get the shoe to feed down into the window. I have watched videos and had no luck in making it fit. The rod itself barely fits if I try to fit it upside down.
Any ideas?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello, Doug. I see you were looking at our S306-29. Is this the balance you bought? Could you show us some pictures of the new and old balance side by side? Can you also confirm that their measurements are the same? That may help us figure out a solution. Thanks!
A quick learner from Houston Texas says:
Here are the requested Pictures!
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. I'm not sure which balance is the original and which is the one you purchased. I assume the balance with the black shoe at the end is the one you bought from us, since that's our standard Series 306 spiral balance. It appears that your original balance has a special 15-073 shoe attached to the end, instead. Can you confirm?

If so, then we can custom make this balance. I just need to know how many you need. I would also like you to confirm the length of your tube and the weight of the window sash. Thanks!
A quick learner says:
Wife was nagging so I fed them from the bottom. Other than one of them giving me a real hard time we are back i service. Thanks for your help!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)