Balance spring & shoe

A home owner says:
I have 3 problems with my windows and my manufacturer referred your web site for parts. Can you please direct me to the the correct parts? Also could you provide instructions on making the repair/replacement?

I have a PlyGem MW Pro Classic tilt window (2356056). On the balance spring is stamped "33 E BSI DT."

1) The shoe is not holding the spring in place, it wants to shoot straight up.
2) The string on the spring is broken and the window will not stay up.
3) The string on the spring is sagging and the window will not open.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Yes, we should be able to help. All three of your issues point to one solution: you need new balances. If you can, please remove the balance from the window and show me a few pictures of it. Please also show me any related parts that may need replacing, perhaps in the track or on the sash. Thanks!
A home owner says:
Thanks for your response. I have impact windows and need to figure out how to remove some clips before I can remove the balance to take a picture.

From browsing your website, 33" Series 795 Channel Balance, Product Code: S795-33 looks closest to what I have. However, you only have B, C, D as options. From the model number stamped on my balance, I believe I need E. Would this be available from you?

Thanks.

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Yes, we can custom make an S795-33 balance with a 33E option. Before we begin, can you just tell me how many you need? Can you also confirm if your balance screws at the top of the window, or installs with a hook?
A home owner says:
Thanks for the quick reply. I was waiting for a response from PlyGem on removing a clip from the window so I could get the balance spring out to take some pics for you to confirm the balance I need. Unfortunately they have no idea about the clip. I have attached a picture of the clip, can you tell me anything about it or how to remove/reinstall it?

I went ahead and took pictures of my balance in the window anyway, hopefully this will be enough for you to confirm what I need. Can you tell me how much it will be for one?

Thanks.

User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Hello again! I have received your images. This clip is used to close the air space when the bottom sash is down. I believe it snaps in. I would wait for a reply from Ply Gem for directions before trying to unsnap it. I'm not totally familiar with it and it may require something special.

As for the balance, we can custom make an S795-33 with a 33E stamp and a 15-198 top clip attachment. Would that work? If so, all we need to know is how many you need and we can get started.
A home owner says:
Will it come fully assembled with the top clip and bottom pivot shoe attached? Or can I easily re-use the shoe from my existing balance?
Profile picture of Paul
Yep, we make these fully assembled and ready to install out of the box.
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.