SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Balance stamp says 27-C, but balance is 28"

A contractor from Madison al. 35758 says:
please help me order correct balances- my balances have on the metal channel 27-C however measurements by your requests are 28 inches. please note pictures sent with this email. advise which are correct for 7 windows toal 14. Bill
A customer submitted photo of channel balance attachments.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. Can you please give us the weight of your sash? With that in mind, we can point you to the appropriate stamp option for this balance.
A quick learner from Madison al. 35758 says:
the weight is 15 lbs
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us with that weight! Now, I believe you have a Series 795 channel balance. Take a look and compare its measurements and see if you agree. For a 28" Series 795--or, an S795-28--I would recommend the 28B stamp option. This can carry a window sash weight range of 12 through 18 pounds.

Please keep in mind that the weight range information is based on 2 balances per sash. Balances are designed assuming friction in the jamb weather-strip will carry a portion of the sash weight. Suggested sash weights are approximate.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)