What is this tilt window balance?

A home owner from Oviedo, fl 32766 says:
Hello,

Need a replacement balance. Maybe model 770. Overall length is 22" but stamped as 21F, see pictures. Can you advise of correct replacement part?

Thanks

Bernd
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I agree, I think our Series 770 looks like a good match. I'm not so sure about the stamp though. What is the weight of your window sash? I'm thinking you might need a 22F option, but since that is not standard, such a balance will have to be custom made. I think it's best that we know what your window sash weight is before we go any further down that road.
A home owner says:
The weight of my window sash is 29.4 lbs. Can I use a standard size, 22 inch long, and replace the spring with the one from the old balance?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. I do not recommend trying to switch springs. There is a lot of tension on these springs and they are not meant to be replaced like that.

I was right -- you will need a 22F option. Take a look at this Custom Channel Balance Request Form that I have started for you based on your specifications and fill out the rest of the information. One of our representatives will get back to you with a price quote shortly thereafter, and you can decide what you want to do from there.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.