SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Balance top clips

A home owner from Troutville, Va says:
I actually bought a half dozen of these several years back from your company, but I misplaced them and I need to order more. I do not have the original ordering information and I cannot locate them on your site. I believe my windows are the old M&W brand, most likely contractor grade. There are roughly 1/2 to 3/4 inches long and maybe 1/4 inches wide. Sorry, that's all I have to give for information.
I hope you can help!

Thank you,
Mark S
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Mark. This looks like the old plastic hook that use to come with the Series 850 balance. They don't make the Series 850 with this hook anymore, and instead use a metal screw clip. You can still use this in your window, though, but you will need a 26-200 screw plug to fit in that hole where the old hook used to go.
Can you give me the part number to the metal screw clip also?

Thank you
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we do not sell that clip by itself. However, I had another idea, if you want to go that route. Instead of using the 26-200 screw plug and screw, consider our 15-198 balance hook. It should work on the same principle as the old nylon clip. See what you think.
Let me see if I can get some measurements on the old clips and I'll get back with you.

Thanks

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)