SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Balancer issue

A home owner from USA says:
Attached please find pictures of a balancer I have that we can not find anywhere. They are on a vinyl window installed in 2000 of unknown origin and manufacture. There is a stamped number on frame of #2790-29.
Please advise if you can help. Bart
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting, Bart. Looks like you need a specially made balance with a 15-174 bottom shoe and 19-005 top attachment. Can you confirm that these are correct? If so, we can make this, but we will need more information. Please tell me the weight of your window sash to start. Please also tell me how many of these balances you will need. Thanks!
A handy person says:
I have to rely on you to tell me what parts are needed. Also I dont know what the weight is or how to tell with no details on the window what so ever.I had someone that worked at a window company say it was a heavy spring for maybe 30 lbs.?? I would like 2 balancers so I have an extra.
Profile picture of Tom
I am confident the 15-174 and 19-005 match your nylon caps, but I think you should compare our dimensions with yours just to confirm. Keep in mind that custom made balances cannot be returned for a refund so it's important that you make sure what we make for you is correct.

As for sash weight, you will need to remove the sash from the window and place it on a scale. These springs have to be calibrated to your sash weight so an estimated weight is not an ideal reference.
A quick learner says:
I thought the number on unit #2790 29 gave that. So as iut of sate for 2 weeks this will have to wait till then to get to you.
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you! Please let us know whenever you have a chance.
A quick learner says:
The vinyl window sash is dual pane, 30"x44" and weighs appx 30 lbs. The balancer measues 28" on the metal length and appx 19/32" wide and deep as well. I would like 2 of these asap.Thank you.
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you. I have emailed you a custom balance ordering link. You should receive it shortly. This includes a price quote and will allow you to order the requested hardware.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)