SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Balancers for Traco 240 impact windows

A quick learner from Honduras says:

I am hopefully in the right place. I need some replacement balancers for my Traco 240 security/impact windows I bought at Home Depot, Miami. I believe the correct parts are discussed on this discussion page.

I've changed these before and the plastic ends look right (see attached pics).

I would like to order a few to make sure they fit ok, then I'll probably order a larger quantity. The Traco factory balancers don't last too long, maybe a year. They sent me a replacement set for every window, but now they discontinued their Residential line of windows & parts. Maybe yours will last longer.

For the future, can I myself replace the failed rivet and re-string the pullys?

There are 2 sizes:
24" channel, 25lb. sash
30" channel, 30lb. sash

Please give a quote for each. I use a freight forwarder in Doral, FL, and can pay with my US based Visa card.

Thank You,
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Glenn! Thanks for posting. I think these balances will have to be custom made, as this attachment combination does not match any of our existing Series. Before we begin with the details, though, I would like you to confirm what bottom shoe you have, just in case.

Please take a look at our 15-004 and 15-005 channel balance shoes, and note their depths. As you can see, they are 1-3/32" deep and 1" deep, respectively. Which depth does your bottom attachment have?
A quick learner from Honduras says:
Hi Tom,

This is a great service you guys provide. My bottom shoe is the 15-005 (1" deep exactly). The other two measurements match also.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank, you, Glenn. I'm glad you're happy with our service!

Now, I think we have all the information we need. I have two custom order forms for you. Take a look at this custom form for the 24" Long Channel balance, and this second form for the 30" Long Channel Balance. When you fill out the rest of the information, one of our representatives will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)