SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Balances D30 31"

A landlord from Mass says:
I was told by a window guy that my balances D30 are to light for my 29lbs window. Do you have the next size up my (guess) is D-32's? My D30 are 31" for your product S751-31

Cam pivot heads. As I am looking at the double hung window in place, does right side of the window take the RT cam pivot and the left side take the left?

Do you have the SCREWS for the cams?

I read in an earlier post you do not carry jambs? Can you recommend someone that carries different types of non brand names?

Thanks
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid I do not know what D30 or D32 refers to. Is that a balance Series, or a stamp option? For the S751-31, a stamp option of 30HD might be what you want. Two balances with this option can hold a window sash weight of 23 through 29 pounds.

We don't have a cam pivot that works specifically with the Series 751 balance, but some other customers have used our 26-151 and 26-152 which go on the right and left hand side, respectively. I do not know what that would be in relation to your window, but look at the style of the cams and what direction the pivot itself leans towards and see which is closest to each cam pivot on your window now.

We do not sell jambs, and I am not sure who in your area does. I would check with a local hardware store and see if they have a recommendation for you.
A landlord from Mass says:
Tom I believe we are talking about the same thing,
30HD and 30D, works on a 29lbs window.

Since my windows are on the high side of the weight for the 30HD I would like to know if you have the balance for a 30lbs window at 31" and what would that be if you have it.

I believe the top end of the weight 29lbs is what is causing the issues with the old balances and my feeling is that if I went with a stronger balance then I would not have the issues.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
In that case, go with 30TG. This can support a window sash weight of 29 through 36 pounds.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)