Balances completely missing

A quick learner from USA says:
I have a single hung window that is missing its two balances. What balance would I use to make this window operational again?
The lower sash is 39" wide x 26" high. It weighs 23 pounds.

Thanks,
Dan
A quick learner from USA says:
Also, it's been recommended that I get the S390 series balances for my other windows. So I just need to know what size and stamp option to order for this one.

Thanks,
Dan
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Without having the original balances on hand, it's difficult to recommend something that can work. However, if you're confident the Series 390 can work, then just tell me the height of the visible glass in the sash. That will allow me to calculate the length, and once I have the length I can calculate the stamp option for a 23 pound sash. Thanks!
A quick learner from 90503 says:
Hi Paul,

The height of the visible glass measures 24-1/4", though there's a little sitting inside the frame. See pic.

Thanks,

Dan
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. For this size glass, I would recommend a 25" long balance. Keep in mind, however, that I cannot guarantee that this length is correct. Without the original on hand there's no way to be 100% sure, but the rule of thumb is that you want your balance be the one inch longer than the height of the glass.

Going off of that, and the weight of your sash, I would recommend our S390-25 with a 2440 option.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.