Barnwell commercial grade window parts

A professional from USA says:
I am working on a group of commercial grade windows, aluminum frame, 38
1/4" wide x 51" high sash, double hung, tilt out. Balances are 9/16"
dia. coil springs and 51" long. Top is loop with screw through it,
bottom is set for shoe connection. The shoe shown is 1" wide by 2" long.

Some pics are attached.

Do you carry or have reference to any of these items for repairs? The
make of window is the Barnwell Hung Line
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I think we can help, though you have a peculiar set up. I've never seen a balance like yours used with that kind of pivot shoe. I suspect someone repaired this window before and used a residential pivot shoe with a commercial balance. Is there another window identical to this that may have the original shoes?

As for the balance itself, please tell me the length of the tube and whatever it has printed or stamped on it. Thanks!
A contractor from Bel Air MD says:
To my knowledge and the maintenance in charge of the facility, these windows have not been serviced since installed 7 years ago. These are orginial shoes.
The Balances are coil spring only with shoe attachment as shown in the picture. The length of the spring is 51 inches and 1/2 inch in width. They are attached at the top of the window with a screw into the aluminum frame.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Thank you. Were you able to find any imprint on the outer balance tube? These balances are pre-charged to a specific sash weight, so it's important to know what the stamp reads so we know what to get for you. In the meantime, the shoe looks like our 15-129, which is 1-1/4" wide and 9/16" thick. Does that look like a match?
Thanks for you help,

The outer balance tube cover, is 50 1/4" long and has the following stamp on it.

50 - 79 lbs. ULTRALIFT FA

The outer balance tube width is 5/8" across.

The shoe you mentioned 15-129 looks like it will work as well.

If you can supply these items, I would appreciate any information and costs you can provide.

Thanks
Frank H
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Hi Frank,
Thanks for getting back to us, that is everything we need to get started! I'll email you a custom balance ordering link shortly.
One last question, can the same balance work for the upper sash of the double hung window. Size and weight of identical with upper and lower sash. If these balances can be used for both upper and lower sashes, I will need 24 of them to do a rework of all 6 double hung windows.
Profile picture of Paul
Usually the upper sash is shorter, but if yours has the same size and markings (50-79), then you can use the same one.
The upper sash is shorter. Markings are 46 - 77 lbs. and the unit is 46 1/2" long. I know these are special order so I will need a special balance ordering link emailed to me for 12 of the 50-79 balances and 12 of the 46 - 77 balances. I will add the shoes and latches when I place the order.

Thanks for your help in this matter.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
I'll email you custom balance ordering links for both sizes shortly, thanks!
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.