SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Barrier Window Sash Support

A quick learner from Syracuse, NY says:
Hello -

The spring assembly (sash support) is broken on most of my Barrier windows. I believe your sash support "block and tackle" Series 850 is the closest match, but still appears to have some differences. The biggest difference is that the sring loop on mine appears to be the connection to the sash instead of the plastic shoe that is on the Series 850. Based on what you see in these pictures, could the Series 850 still work? Also, the measurement from the top of the plastic cap to the bottom of the spring hook (with internal rod set within the spring coil, not protruding out towards the hook) is about 34". Should I assume I need the 34.5" assembly?

Thanks!
- Chris
User submitted photo of window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting and submitting your images, Chris. Before we move can, can you submit a quick photo of the balance shoe? We will need this in order to help you identify a possible replacement.
A quick learner from Syracuse, NY says:
Hi Paul -

I am not too sure what part is the "shoe". The first two pics are of the piece that attaches the spring to the window sash itself. The third pic is where the wire/rope from the spring assembly is anchored at the top of the window frame. I hope this is all you need. If not, just let me know.

Thanks,
- Chris
User submitted photo of balance shoe.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Chris, it appears you have the Series 850 Block & Tackle Balance with the white 1 1/4" shoe.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)