SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Barrier Windows

A handy person from New York says:
Do you still have inventory of Barrier Window replacement parts?

I ordered window springs in the past. I need some more.

Thank you,

David
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
You are possibly looking for the S850 balance system, but send us some photos. We can help identify which replacement parts you need based on photos of your existing hardware.
A quick learner from New York says:
Good morning:

The first 3 photographs are of what I am looking for. The aluminum rod is 25 1/4" long. The Barrier window is 26 5/8" wide by 28" high.
User photo of their Barrier window sash support balances.

I also need some finger latches. I don't remember where I had gotten generic latches that fit. These have Pat #5,139,291 on the back. The body is 2 5/8" long 7/16" high and just under 3/4" wide.
User submitted photos of their Barrier window top tilt latches.
Thanks, David
Profile picture of Paul
I believe you need the S850-26 replacement balance. This replacement balance length is 26-1/2" (see the product photo) - remeasure your balance and make sure the length matches the S850-26. You will have to measure the width of your shoe to determine which option you will need for the S850-26.

Your tilt latch looks our 26-243 & 26-244 style replacement tilt latch. Compare your tilt latch to the product pictures of the 26-243 & and 26-244.
With the foot and cap on the rod it is 26.5". Latches look correct too. I will place an order. Thanks.
Do I need the pivot bars? I need them for the larger Barrier windows when I purchased replacement balances from you before.
Profile picture of Paul
If you need to replace any broken pivot bars, the replacement should be our part 26-318
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)