Benchmark Bi-Fold Door

A handy person from Maryland says:
I think I found the right part but would appreciate confirmation. See photos attached as PDF. Should I replace the entire Door Pivot Pin (Product Code # 21-002) or just the Pin Cap (Product Code # 21-100) ... or am I completely wrong, in which case, would you please direct me to the right product to purchase. I hope to make a purchase and get this fixed as soon as I can get the right information. Thanks so much.
User submitted photos bi-fold door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Good afternoon and thank you for posting!

If you can, you may be able to only replace the 21-100 caps. Just remove the pin with a hammer and then lightly hammer the new nylon cap to the pin.
A handy person from Maryland says:
Would it cause any problems to leave the pin in place, turn the louver doors on their side, and then hammer the new nylon cap to the pin? Thanks so much for your time.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I've never done it that way, but you can give it a try. It shouldn't hurt anything since the caps only need a lighter tap.
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.