SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Bestbilt window operator for a window by Harvey Industries

A home owner from dedham, ma. says:
I need to replace operator mechanism on a window built by bestbilt around 20 years ago. These windiows were sold by harvey industries and they referred me to you. I can send you a picture of the operator mechanism if that would help.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Good Morning,

Yes, a picture would help a lot. Include measurements for the arm (that attaches the operator to the window sash) and the distance between the installation hole centers.
the arm is 9 inches
User submitted photo of their Bestbilt window crank.
I sent a picture let me know if you received it. the arm measures 9 inches. not sure whar you mean by installation hole centers
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
To get started, take a look at the 39-031 and 39-032 EntryGard Operators, as well as the 39-155 and 39-156 Caradco Window Operators.

You may be able to re-use your handles and operator covers, but if you'd like to replace those items, you can find them in Related Item(s).
A home owner from Lee's Summit, Mo. says:
My window operator on a 40 year old window(truth)with bestbilt label will open but not close and it looks much like photo above. What do I need to do?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I recommend removing the operator and submitting a few photos of it so you can be sure of the correct replacement.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)