SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Bifold Door makeover

A quick learner from New York says:
I have Leigh brand Full-Vu bifold doors in my apartment. I was hoping to replace the bottom track (which sticks out above the floor) with your low profile: 21-453.

I realize this may require replacing the bottom hardware (it is bent and needs replacing anyway). Currently the stationary pins and moving pins are 1/4" diameter. The stationary pin is something like your 21-061

The moving pin is the 21-049.

Please let me know if this is technically feasible and which pins I would need to order.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
If you want to use our 21-453 bottom track, you can reuse your 21-061 pivot pin. For the sliding guide pin that fits in the nylon glide on the track, I recommend our 21-026B. This plain pin will need our 21-155 nut pushed on one end about 3/8" of the way. Then, slide the 21-250 spring on the long side of the pin. Remove the door from the track and place this assembled pin through the bottom, then lock it in with a 21-157 retainer. Now you can reinstall the door on the new track.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)