SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

BiltBest Windows Tilt bar

A home owner from New York State says:
I have BiltBest double hung windows in my home. They tilt infor washing. It appears that an 'L' shaped part that is at the bottom of the window that enables it to tilt in is broken. When tilting the window in, it came out the connection in the track. Now the window will not stay up. I do not see this part. Is there someplace I can get replacemnets? Probably all of 11 windows will need them.
User submitted picture of window pivot bar.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter. We are still researching possible replacements for this pivot bar, but we are having a little trouble so far. I can't quite make out the dimensions of your pivot bar based on these pictures--can you please tell me what the total length and width of the back plate is? Can you also tell me the distance between the screw hole centers? That would help in our search.

Also, for future reference, you should raise the sash about 5" before tilting the window in. Tilting the window in when the sash is fully closed causes many of the tilt bars to break, though old hardware age doesn't help either.
A quick learner from New York State says:
The width of the back plate is 3/8 ", its length is 1 1/2 ", the distance between the screen whole centers is 1/2 ". Thank you for your help.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your continued patience in this matter. We are currently working on a replacement part for you, and will post again in this thread as soon as we have more information for you to view.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Please see new SWISCO product code 26-401, Tilt Pivot.
A contractor from South Carolina says:
Wow! This is EXACTLY what I need too. Thank you for a great website.

I have BiltBest double hung windows that were installed in new construction late 2006 that need these parts. Do you also have the tilt window latches that fit these windows? I'm thinking a generic will work, but would like to get a close match. I can take a picture and measurements if needed.

Thanks,
Greg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Greg. I'm glad to hear that our site was such a big help! I would like to see a few pictures of your latches, if at all possible. Let me know when you can get them! You can upload them directly to this thread.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)