SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Biltbest handle P-234 DC and operator P-233 DC

A contractor from Denver CO says:
Dave, I am working on a house that has Biltbest wood casement windows from 1979 and I need several parts: hinges and/or shoe glides, operator handles, operator shoe glides, etc..

The operator handle is P-234 DC
Same operator is P-233 DC
Not sure of the hinge part number, other than "N"
User submitted photo of biltbest window crank and operator.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting and submitting your photos to us.

The original hardware for BiltBest wood casement windows are no longer available. You must now use a newer style, but should almost fit the same.

Begin by taking a look at the 39-013 and 39-014 Casement Window Operators, or the shorter arm operators, the 39-027E and 39-028E. I would also replace the handle with the 39-114L or the folding handle, the 39-205. Likewise with the hinges, the 36-013-10 2-Bar Hinge Set and the 39-505 EntryGard Track. We also offer the corresponding flat head screw, the 33-078.
A home owner from Louisville, ky. says:
looking for Biltbest replacement window crank(s).
Serial number on the back is P-234 LC

Thank you
A user submited photo of window operator
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I have placed you in an existing thread concerning the P-234 DC window operator. As you can see, the original hardware for BiltBest wood casement windows are no longer available, however we do have a wide selection of parts that may work for you.

Take a look at some of the products that Mike suggested above. These would be a great place for you to start. Let me know if you have any other questions!
A contractor from Birmingham , Al says:
Built best brand. I need two of each. Casement locks, cranks and covers.
User submitted photos of window locks.

BILTBEST
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, thanks for the great images. I've placed you into an existing discussion regarding this hardware.

As you can see, we have a few suggestions for the operator, which is no longer made. Look them over and see what you think. The lock has also been discontinued, but you could consider our 38-075 as a substitute. You would just also need our 38-089 keeper to go with it.
A quick learner from niagara falls says:
Hi; I have BiltBest part: 233 D.C
the worm drive shaft broke. Are there parts, or new operator w/ handle

please advise
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately, if the worm gear has broken, you will have to replace the whole operator.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)