SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Blance with Tilt latch

A handy person from Columbia SC says:
I need a new balance with the tilt latch shown. The numbers on the balance is "29B BSI RS". Pictures of the latch are shown.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I recognize this balance. We might be able to help, but it will have to be custom made. If you can, please show me a picture of the top end of the balance. That will be a huge help. Can you also tell me how many you need?
A handy person from Columbia SC says:
I only need 2...a right and left to replace ones that are damaged.

I've attached picture of the top of the balance from each side.
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Huh, looks like it has both a rivet and screw hole. Does this screw into the jamb or does it attach with a clip or hook?
A handy person from Columbia Sc says:
Screw
Profile picture of Paul
Thank you. Sorry for the wait, we just had to do a bit more research. Fortunately, we have all the information we need to get started. I will send you a custom product link for two of these balances that you can add to your cart. Keep in mind, however, that you will have to drill a hole at the top of the balance in order for this to install in your window. Your balance is not typically made with a screw hole like that. I suspect the original installers drilled that hole to install, so you will have to do the same.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)