SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Blomberg window balance questions

A contractor from USA says:
I need to order about ten pairs of window channel balances for aluminum windows but have some concerns. These are Blomberg windows. I ordered a couple of balances last year and one of the chords failed in about three months. Luckily I had a spare. My concern is of quality. It seems that the nylon chords are not as heavy as the original Blomberg channels that came with the windows. I could find no rub or wear spot along the channel. The chord just frayed and broke. I thought that maybe I had ordered the wrong series. I had ordered 22
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Most balance cords in the industry are of equivalent quality. If yours are breaking, I would wager there's another reason why. Your question got cut off, so I'm not sure exactly what it was you ordered. Can you tell me what SWISCO balance product code it was? Can you also tell me what strength option you chose? Finally, please tell me the weight of the sash these balances are supporting.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)