Boat Sliding Door Replacement Rollers

A handy person from New Jersey says:
I have a 1990 Silverton with a Taylor Made Sliding Door. I'm looking for replacement rollers. Mine look like your roller listed as product code 81-004. Can you confirm this is the right item? Are these all metal rollers.....stainless steel?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good Morning,

The 81-004 roller assembly is not stainless steel so I cannot imagine it would last very long on a boat.

Is your original roller stainless steel or nylon?

Can you remove your original roller from the sliding door and take some pictures for us?
Mike, thanks for the information. My original roller was stampeed plated metal. I am being told that the Taylor replacement parts (Which are no longer available) are F7094 and F3776. At this point I would be happy with any functional replacement, metal or stainless.
Profile picture of Tom
I could not find anything when I cross-referenced those two part numbers. Do you know where those part numbers came from? Are they Taylor part numbers?

Can you submit a couple photos, we would really like to see what your roller looks like.
Mike,thanks for your help. A friend just bought two SS replacement rollers for his door probably the last two made. The demensions match your zinc plated 81-004. They look identical in all regards. Do you have them in stainless? The roller seems a little smaller.....one and an eigth inch as oppose to your one and a half inch. I don't think that will matter. Do you have stock on 81-004? I guess I have to order them online? A few of my friends may want to order replacements as well. Weather permitting, I may take my door apart this weekend to confirm all of the above. And yes, the two numbers I gave you I was told were Taylor numbers. Thanks again!
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
I am working on finding stainless steel for you.

Please check the overall width of the roller housing. The 81-004 measures 13/16" in width; there is another similar roller that measures 3/4" in width.

Let me know, thanks.
Hi Donna, thirteen sixteenth looks correct. Thanks for your help!
A quick learner from Maryland says:
Hi, was there a resolution to this? I'm in the same.....dealing with the same circumstances on a 1988 boat from a sister manufacturer, Mainship. Were Stainless rollers located and wwas there closure on whether the part number discussed works?

Thank you!
A quick learner from Jacksonville, Fla says:
I looking for replacement door rollers for a 1983 Marine Trader Trawler. the roller is .800" X .375" with a axle of .200". I need 4 rollers. Thanks Keith
Profile picture of Tom
Take a few photos of the roller and upload them so we can take a look.
A quick learner from Florida sometimes says:
I saw some posts from others looking for replacement rollers for their boat's sliding doors. I am in the same situation. The boat is a 1982 Marine Trader and it has three sliding doors. The dimensions of the roller assemblies appear to be: length = 2 3/8", width: 9/16", diameter wheel: 1", wheel width = 5/16". I have taken a picture to show you the old roller assembly (you can see how deteriorated it is). The old one seems to be made out of brass. Any information you could provide me with would be GREATLY appreciated!~
A customer submitted photo of a boat's sliding door roller.
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you for your patience in this matter. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to locate a replacement part for this roller. We will continue to search, however, and if we have any more updates we will post in this thread. I apologize for the inconvenience.
A quick learner from Florida sometimes says:
OK, well, do you guys have something close to the dimensions of the old roller? Again they are: length = 2 3/8", width: 9/16", diameter wheel: 1", wheel width = 5/16". I can adjust the slot in the door somewhat to accommodate a slightly larger roller. The rail that the roller rides on is 3/8 x 3/8 inches. The depth of the existing slot in the door seems to be around 1 1/4 inch deep for the roller to fit into. If you have something that would fit into the slot with a little adjusting I'd appreciate knowing.
Barry
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
I would say the 81-246 is the closest roller we have, it however has a 1-3/16" diameter concave wheel.
A quick learner from warwick ri says:
I am curious to know if the person with the main ship was able to find anything? I am hoping to replace them on my 1989 mainship mediterranean. First step however have to figure out how to remove the door!
A quick learner from Florida says:
I have a Mainship 43. If you remove the screws on the outside bottom of the door and use a flat crowbar to pop the lower wheels off the track it comes right out. Took us repeated tries to figure it out

How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.