SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Both doors slide

A quick learner from Deltona FL says:
Is the procedure the same when you have to remove both doors. There is no stop plate since both doors move.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you're talking about. Can you go into more detail?
A quick learner from Deltona FL says:
In the video, you show that the sliding glass door has a stationary door that does not slide. In my door, both doors slide. I'm assuming that the process of removing them is the same. Are the rollers universal or do you need the specific rollers for the door. There is no manufacture listed on the door.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Well, it would depend on what kind of door you have: whether it be a vinyl door or a patio door made of aluminum. In most cases, aluminum doors removed from the outside of the house. With a door made of Vinyl, you sometimes can remove the doors from the inside. Take another look at the video. You must adjust the roller up into the bottom of the door to give you more clearance at the bottom. Try lifting the door off from the inside or outside depending on which door you need to repair.

There is no universal roller. Each manufacturer uses a specific roller for their doors, and in some case they use different types for different series doors in different regions of the country. You will not find a number or code anywhere on the door that tells you what you have. The only way to match it up is to compare physical details.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)