SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Bottom Roller For Closet Doors Help!!

A home owner from Pittsburgh, PA says:
We recently built all wood custom closet doors (3/4" thickness, 92" height, 36" width) for a closet build out. Our big problem is that the guides provided in the hardware kits are not adequate for keeping the closet doors aligned and on-track. The doors are on the heavier side and swing back and forth too much.

We would like to put in bottom rollers of some sort but cannot, at this point, do a mortis joint. We need something that we can attach to the bottom or back of the door and would ideally have a track it can slide on. I think some of the mirror door hardware might be the key but I'm not sure which one to purchase for our wood door. Any help is appreciated. I can upload photos if that would help.

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
You might be able to screw our 23-028 rollers on the back of the wood doors, in addition to using 23-257 track. Please review this hardware to confirm if it will work.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)