SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Bottom gasket for Kinco windows

A quick learner from Jacksonville, Florida says:
I am looking for the bottom gasket of my Kinco windows.
Hopefully you have some, if you do then I hope you can tell me how to replace.
I took the four screws out of the window but found the window would require a lot of force to separate.
Wondering if they "glued" sealed it during manufacturing

Depending on the difficulty, I could have around 25 windows to do.

Thinking it might make sense to replace the "brush" style weather strip at the same time, thoughts?

Thank you,

Lee
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Lee. It's a little weird to see a rubber sweep like that used for a window. I wonder if it was a substitute for the original seal the window came with. Either way, this kind of weatherstripping is usually installed and uninstalled by sliding it in or out of the rail, as the case may be. If the ends of your rail are sealed it may be trickier. Your only choice may be to cut it out, if taking the frame apart is not an option.

As for a replacement, I can't be sure without knowing more specific measurements. Specifically, the width of the "T" that slides into the rail and the width of the sweep itself. Our 40-172 seems close but is specifically made for storm doors, and I am also not sure how well its measurements match yours.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)