SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Bottom of Door Weather Strip

A home owner from Cobleskill, NY 12043 says:
We currently have a stanley back door on our double wide. The bottom door strip has deteriorated and we need to replace it. The number that we got off the side of the door is as follows:
SWRL ID#98038-05-01. Can you be of any assistane with this? We also want to replace the weather strip around the door frame gasket? We can see light shining through and th4e rain comes in underneath. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
User submitted photos of door weatherstripping.
User submitted picture of bottom door sweep.
Stanley Door Systems, Made in Charlotte, North Carolina, 29636
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting! This sweep appears similar to our our 58-174 Prime Door Sweep. Do its dimensions line up with your hardware? If not, what are your own measurements?
A home owner from Cobleskill, NY says:
The door is 31 1/2 inches wide and the width of door sweep is attached to the bottom of the door? I was thinking that maybe it is screwed to the bottom?

What are the demensions on the door sweep that is mentioned above? If this is to long can it be cut to fit?

Also do you sell the weather strip that goes around the casing of the door or can that be purchased in a local Lowes/Home Depot store?

Thanks for your time.
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you for posting. Our 58-174 comes in 36" lengths. The rest of its dimensions can be seen here:

I am not sure if your sweep is screwed on or not. Can you confirm?

We have a few other sweeps oyu may be interested. You should also see our 58-176, or maybe even our 58-009. Take a look at their dimensions and see if any match.

As for the weatherstripping, I am not sure what you have. Can you post a few pictures of it for me to see? Make sure that it is removed from the door. We need to see a profile picture of it in order to find an applicable substitute.
A home owner from Cobleskill, NY says:
58-174 looks like it will fit. Can the bottom 2 strips be cut off? Our sweep is stapled to the bottom of the door.
Profile picture of Tom
I've never tried it myself, but I think it would be possible to cut them off. Just make sure to be careful! Always remember that safety comes first.
A quick learner from VT says:
Did 58-174 work for the customer above? I'm interested in replacing the same seal on my SWRL ID#98038-05-01.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)