SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Bottom rail worn out

A handy person from Vallejo CA says:
I need to replace the bottom rail for our sliding glass door in our bedroom closet. It is 3" wide. I could also use 2 of the rollers with the wheel that attach to the bottom of the door.
User submitted photos of mirror closet door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I believe our 23-257 track and 23-043 roller might match. Check them out and see if you agree.
A quick learner from Vallejo CA says:
My bottom track is only 3" wide. Do you have that width?
Profile picture of Paul
The dimension between the rails is more important to match (1-11/16" for our 23-257). This is to make sure that doors don't hit. Our 23-272 is slightly larger at 2-13/16" total width, but we have none that are 3" wide.
A quick learner from Vallejo CA says:
The dimension between the rails seems a bit smaller by a 16th of an inch. If you will assure me in the event it does not fit I can return it for a fill refund I'd like to buy it with 2 rollers. Can you cut it to length for me at 61-7/8", gold color one.
Profile picture of Paul
1/16" shouldn't affect the performance of the doors. I'm afraid we aren't able to cut down the track, though, and we cannot accept returns of tracks that have been altered. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)