SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Bottom railing for sliding mirror door

A home owner from NM says:
Looking for a new sliding mirrored real
User submitted photos of closet door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good morning. Check out our 23-258 and let me know if this is a good match.
A professional from California says:
23-272 is also a match. Or whatever length matches yours.
A handy person from CT says:
I have a track and concave rollers similar to the photo in this post. The hump for the rollers on mine are only 1" apart, the door frame is 3/4" thick. The rollers I have are the 23-028. I haven't been able to find any lower track that are only 1", all I've found are 1 1/2 or better. Do you have any 1" track. BTW - These are Monarch sliding mirrors for a 72" closet. Thanks, Dave Cannell
Profile picture of Tom
A one inch spacing between track rails is very narrow. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that. Could you show me a few pictures of the track in question? That may help us find a good match. Can you also triple check your measurements? Make sure to only measure from the center of each rail.
A quick learner from Central CT says:
Tom, Here's a couple of pix complete w/ measuring stick, a bit over an inch. Unfortunately the 2nd one is a bit out of focus, too close I think. Thanks, Dave
User submitted photos of a mirror closet door track.
Profile picture of Tom
Ah, I think I see the problem. The sides of your track have been bent up to a considerable degree. It would look like our 23-272 if it were flattened out.

Does it have to be in that shape to fit? I wonder if the original installer bent a typical 23-272 track to get it to work in your closet. Either way, I'm afraid they don't make closet door tracks in this shape. Whether it has to be bent like this to fit or not, our 23-272 remains our closest possible replacement.
A quick learner from central CT says:
Tom, One other question before I order the 23-272, what door width can that track accommodate and is the roller track itself centered in the opening (it looks like it is). I think I'm beginning to realize that the door itself doesn't fit into the track, only the wheel assy. Is that correct? Thanks, Dave
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
The 23-272 track would take a 36" door, and the roller wheel would ride on to the track, not the door. The track is normally centered in the opening. I agree with Tom, your track looks very disfigured. You might have to do some retro fitting in your opening to get it to work correctly.
Ordered 23.272 track and a wheel assy yesterday. Thanks for your help guys. Greatly appreciated. Dave
Tom/Dave, Just installed the 23.272 track today as well as replacing one on the rollers. Works just great, thanks for all your help. Dave
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)