Bottom roller for bifold door

A quick learner from USA says:
I just ordered a 21-092 pivot and two 23-120 top rollers. I see no reference to bottom rollers. Top rollers had been installed at the bottom but they failed. What should I order?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The 23-120 rollers are only meant to guide the door in the top track. They work with the 21-092 bottom pivots, which hold the door up. There aren't any bottom rollers. Are you sure the 23-120 and 21-092 are what you need? If not, can you show us pictures of your old hardware?
A home owner from Coupeville, WA says:
I need two 23-120s for the top center of the bi-fold doors and one 21-092 (I have the other, as well as the top pivots). I also need two of something for the bottoms of the doors, where they meet, to keep them in the track.
I need two of those, whatever they are.

The previous owner had installed 23-120s at the bottom and they broke.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Are you referring to something like our 23-164 snugger? This snaps into the track and help keep the door close. It's tough to say without seeing what was used before.
A home owner from Coupeville WA says:
Paul,

Are you saying that two panels of mirror are suspended by the upper and lower pivots only? No guide at the bottom and only a spring loaded guide at the top?
The strain on the pivots would be great.
Profile picture of Tom
It really sounds like these aren't the parts you need, based on everything you've said. Without knowing what the door was originally installed with, however, there's no way for us to know what to recommend. Can you show me a picture of these pivots installed in the door? If we can see where they install, maybe we can come up with something better. Without more to go off of, I don't know what else to recommend.
A home owner from coupeville WA says:
The pivots are not the problem. I am ordering a replacement 21-092 for one that broke.

23-120s were installed at the top and bottom of the doors to keep them in track but the weight caused the metal to punch through the plastic wheel at the bottom. The metal pin of the lower 23-120 then rode on the track jamming at the screw heads holding the track down

I know they were not the right part but something has to keep the doors on track.
The weight alone can sag them to where the upper 23-120s probably won't stay in the upper track.

Also, why would you have a lower track unless something rode on it?

I appreciate that this is taking a lot of time but I need a solution.
Profile picture of Tom
I am convinced that the 23-120 and 23-092 are not the correct replacement parts for your door. They should not be breaking like you describe, and nothing you add to the track would stop that from happening. However, all we know at this point is that the 23-120 and 23-092 don't work, which is not enough to find something that will. We need more to go on. Without knowing what was originally installed, or anything else to use as a reference, there is no way for us to know what would work better. Pictures of your door, specifically of where the pins installed, would be a huge help. I can't guarantee it will tell us what you need, but it would at least be a start.
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.