SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Bottom track for mirror closet doors

A quick learner from Hawaii says:
I am needing to replace the bottom door track and have reviewed previous postings and responses. My current track looks very similar to 23-257. However, the width of my track (3") matches 23-258. Also, the inside track that my concave wheel currently rides on looks similar to 23-257. Does 23-258's wheel track fit all/most concave wheels? Or do you have a better suggestion for a track replacement?

Though I have not disassembled the existing door track my best sketch and dimensions are included. The depth of the wheel track is 3/8" and the width is 1/4". Since I need two 4' tracks and one 6' track, I assume two 8 footers will be needed or do you have a 6 footer?

Thank you for your time and efforts.
User submitted photos of a mirror closet door track.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I agree, the 23-257 is a closer match. The 23-258 could possibly also work, but I don't think it's necessary to go in that direction. The total width of a closet door track doesn't matter, only the distance between the rails. For both tracks you mentioned, this measurement is the same at 1-11/16". Remeasure your own track and see if that could be what you have, as well.
Profile view of 23-257
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)