SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Bottom track and roller for heavy mirrored closet door

A home owner from USA says:
I have a very heavy wood mirrored closet door. It was installed with only a top track and roller. I feel it needs a bottom roller and track to give it more support and stability. What bottom roller and track would you recommend for my 94" opening?
The wood doors are each 1 1/2" thick. There is about 1 1/4" space beneath the door.
There is NO metal frame around the wood doors.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It's hard to say what you could use if there is no original hardware. See our 23-225 bottom roller and 23-243 mirror door track. These two parts work well together. Could you adapt these to work in your closet?
A professional from CA says:
In my experience, trying to use both top and bottom rollers doesn't work unless the top and bottom are impossibly parallel.
You might be better off using bottom rollers like 23-028 They should work screwed flat onto the back of the panel, and a top track like 23-247, but that leaves no room to spare at 1-1/2" inside.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)