SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Bracket for a spiral sash balance

A quick learner from Torrance.CA says:
I have 12 spiral sash balances like the ones in the picture. Bought them to replace my old ones, but they came without the brackets to fix them on the bottom of the sash.
Checking your site I found prod. code:15-110 which seems to be the only I could use.

Can you tell me if this is the right bracket for me?

Thank you, Junia
A customer submitted photo of a spiral balance attachment.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Yes, I do think that the 15-110 Balance Attachment may work for you. Please make sure to double check all your measurements, though, just to make sure.
A quick learner from Torrance,Ca says:
Received the 15-110 Balance Attachment.
The problem I have, now, is that the end of the spiral balance fits into the bracket opennig, but it doesn't slide down to the bottom of the hook-like end of the spiral balance.

Shall I try to force open, a little, the said hook, or do I have the wrong attachments and can exchangeit for the right one?
I also ordered attachments #17-012 (just in case) but they don;t work either.
A customer submitted photo of a spiral balance attachment.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us! You have the right attachment, you just need to spread it out with either a flat screw driver or needle nose pliers, and it should fit right on.
A quick learner from Yorrance,CA says:
Thanks for your perfect answer.

Sincerely,
Junia
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)