Brass, threaded insert to Caradco casement window operator is stripped?

A quick learner from Foxboro, MA says:
Inner assembly (where handle connects to) came out when turning the handle to close the window. In trying to re-insert turning gear the threaded brass insert (see photo) will not engage. Either the threads on the brass insert are worn down (I'm hoping this is it)or the threads inside the casing housing are stripped. The initial threads on the brass casing do seem worn but are not gone entirely. My question is do you agree the brass insert is likely the problem and/or what is the replacement part I need?
A customer submitted image of their window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
By inner assembly, do you mean the large corkscrew piece attached to the end of the handle? If so, then that is the problem, not the small insert. This means your operator gears have stripped out, and the whole thing has to be replaced.

I can't tell exactly what your operator is based on this image, but check out our 39-015, 39-140, and 39-143 to start and see if any of these are a match.
A quick learner from Massachusetts says:
I ordered the part you recommended. Thanks!
A home owner from Seattle, WA says:
I have multiple awning windows with Truth Operators. Many have the brass inserts stripped out (like the picture up above). Do you sell these replacement parts. I would like to avoid buying the entire operators just to get these small brass inserts. I need to replace 4-5 windows with these parts.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid not. If that little brass insert has stripped out, it means that the inner workings of the operator have stripped out, as well. It's the same scenario as above. Even if that piece were available alone, it would not fix the operator.
How to replace an Awning window operator
How to replace an Awning window operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace an Awning Operator
How to Replace an Awning Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.