Broken Channel Balance

A quick learner from Minneapolis says:
Two of my channel balances broke on what I think are Quaker Pamela windows. They are 35" long. I need four replacement balances They are stamped 3490 BSA RV 33.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, thanks for posting. I've narrowed this down to two possible channel balance Series: either our Series 351 or our Series 390 balances.

Now, as you can see, there is only one difference between these two Series, and that is their bottom shoe. The Series 351 uses the 15-002 while the Series 390 uses the 15-001. I can't quite tell what you have based on your pictures, though. Please carefully compare their dimensions to your own hardware and see which is a better match.
Comparison of 15-001 & 15-002
Comparison of 15-001 & 15-002
So I measured the bottom and its 1 1/8th inch. The next question is that mine say 3490 and on your website only goes up to 3450. Does that make a difference? What does this number indicate? Would the 3450 work?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
You will have to remove your sash and place it on a scale. Once you know its weight, you can compare it to the list of options we show for each balance. If your weight exceeds everything we show, let me know and we can see if it's something that can be custom made.
Hi, I was able to weigh the sash and it comes in at 32 pounds. Do any of your current products support that weight?
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Yes, a pair of 35" Series 390 balances with stamp option 3450 will carry a window sash weight range of 30 through and including 34 pounds.

This information is based on 2 balances per sash. Balances are designed assuming friction in the jamb weather-strip will carry a portion of the sash weight. Suggested sash weights are approximate.
Thanks Donna!! I went ahead and ordered them. Do you know what the turnaround time is on the Series 390 3450's? I tried ordering some two weeks ago from another vendor and they ended up not being able to get me the parts. The only reason I ask is that I'm selling my house and the window needs to be fixed prior to the sale, which is next Friday. When I ordered it, it looked like it should be delivered mid-next week but I just wanted to confirm. Maybe I should change the shipping method to two-day shipping. Is it possible for you to help me with that or should I call customer service?
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Hi, I just looked into your order and see it has already shipped!
Thanks for the order and best of luck with the sale of your house. Please let us know if you need anything else, we would be happy to help.
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.