Broken Coil Window Balance

A quick learner from E. Amherst, NY says:
Swisco.com
I have a vinyl double hung, double glass, tilt inward replacement window with broken 1/2 inch coils on each side. I removed each broken coil from each of the tracks and they are both stamped 7FB. There are 2 holes at the top end that were attached with a mounting bracket that looks like part #16-024. I believe I need 2 part #S180-7 coil window balance.

The lower piece of the broken coils are still in the jamb. It looks like the broken coil is encased in a plastic part that might be tandem housing 15-086, based upon your web pictures at: 7-lb/pd/Series-180-Coil-Balance/S180-7

or a part #15-087 coil housing pivot based upon picture at: Pivot-Lock-Coil-Housing/pd/Tilt-Window-Replacement-Pivot-Lock-Shoes/15-087

Whichever one it is, they both look like they are not broken.

I can't figure out how to remove the tilt in sash, so that I can get at the broken coil and replace it. Can you offer some suggestions? I
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Sure! The sash should just tilt in and pop out. Check out the video below and see if that helps.
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.