SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Broken Face Mount Keeper

A quick learner from Modesto CA says:
The windows were supposedly made by Philips. The latch is ok but the keeper is broken where the latch connects to the tang. (You'll notice the picture is of an unbroken one,) Didn't see a match but there does seem to be a couple that I could possibly adapt by shortening the width as it mounts under a lip in the window frame/ If not can you suggest a matching Latch and Keeper that I could redrill the window for? Looks like most of them are wider so it would cover the old holes.
User submitted a photo of a window lock & keeper.
Second picture to show how it looks when window is closed. Although I'm sure this is nothing new to you!
User submitted a photo of a window lock & keeper.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I don't think there's a lock whose hole distance measures 2-1/8". Can you confirm that measurement? Make sure to measure from the center of each hole, not their edges. Your dimensions fall between our 90-278 lock at 2-1/16" and 90-274 at 2-1/4". Our 90-301 is the closest face mount keeper available, since these Phillips windows aren't made any more.
You were right it is 2-1/16. Thanks for your help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)