Broken IWC Window latch handle

A home owner from Prescott says:
The lever that locks the window is broken. Where do I get a new lever or a new latch.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid this exact lock is no longer available. I suggest considering our 90-313 black sash lock. You would need to re-drill the holes at the top, however. For this, I recommend a screw similar to the 33-011. You don't want to use too long of a screw, or drill too deep, as there is a risk of damaging the frame or the glass in the sash, so in any event please use caution. 

A quick learner from Las Vegas says:
Hi I have IWC windows I'm\n my house, some levers broken, where I candy replacement parts?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named iwc.jpg
Profile picture of Paul

I notice the previous customer who posted before you had a very similar part and a similar situation. Have you had the opportunity to review the response we provided to that customer? If not, I would suggest to start there and then if you should have any further questions, get back to us.

A quick learner from Las Vegas says:
How do I remove original latch that don't have screws ?
Profile picture of Paul

Hm, I'm not entirely sure. But based on my experience with parts of similar design, the top part of this lock may be a cover that snaps in place. See if you can pop it off, there may be screw holes underneath. Let us know what you find.

A home owner from San Francisco Bay Area says:
We have a similar IWC broken latch and have purchased the Swissco replacement part.

But how do you remove the broken parts when you can't see any screws on this apparatus?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Elinora
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Elinora. It's been a while since I serviced this window, but if memory serves the old IWC lock installs with two small screw tabs that extend below the back end of the housing. You will need to tilt your window in, as if you were cleaning the glass, in order to access them. 

A quick learner from Grass Valley says:
I had a broken latch also. I ordered the suggested latch and screw since the replacement latch is no longer available. It was not an easy fix and there is now no longer anything to open the window with other than grabbing the frame. Very disappointed that IWC hasn't come up with a better solution for what is clearly a common problem with this window latch.
A home owner from Henderson NV says:
I need to perform this repair on a rental property of mine. I'm not there currently, but will be next week and want to make sure I bring the right tools.

How do I remove the old sash lock itself? Does it pop off? Slide off?

Thank you
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

This old IWC sash lock is held in with screws on the back edge of the sash. To remove it, you'll have to raise the sash a few inches, tilt it in, and then either have someone hold it up while you unscrew it, or remove the sash entirely and place it on a stable surface so you can unscrew them by yourself.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.