SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Broken Locks and Keepers

A handy person from Minnesota says:
We have a dozen windows with these locks and keepers, and over half of them are broken. It seems like the fit is too tight, and that torquing on the locks and keepers is what has destroyed most of them. I'm going to replace all of them, but my question is... Is there a way to mount the keeper slightly higher, so the lock isn't such an incredibly tight fit?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
It sounds like your window could have settled at the header and shortened the opening height. I'm also not sure what type of keeper you have. The 90-024 does not have any particular keeper to go with it. If you can, send us a photo of your keeper and we can try to find a good match.
A quick learner says:
It's the #90-115 keeper. Is there an alternative to this model, like something that's slightly longer?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
We don't have anything like this in a different size, but we could try to dig something up. Can you tell me exactly what size you need? Can you also confirm that the other measurements are identical, such as the hole center spacing?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)