SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Broken Patio Door Handle

A quick learner from Wheeling, IL says:
We have purchased a property that has a broken patio door lock (see pictures). We are unsure of what part to order, or how to repair it. Can you offer any suggestions on how we can fix this?
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
For your handle. I would recommend our 82-035 or 82-069. These should match your dimensions but check them out to confirm. As for the mortise lock, I'm not sure what would be best, but take a look at our 82-239 for a possible match.
A quick learner from Wheeling, IL says:
Dave, regarding my previous patio door lock question ... do we need to buy a new handle if it is only the mortise lock that is broken / missing?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
If the mortise lock is all that's broken, then that should be all you have to replace. However, looking at your pictures it appears the thumb lever broke off your inside handle. These are pressed in at the factory and cannot be repaired, so you may very well need a new handle set. That's why I like the 82-069 and 82-035. If their thumb levers break, you can just swap them out.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)