SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Broken Pivot shoe

A home owner from USA says:
I forced a new window I was installing to close with a screw sticking too far into the sash channel and broke the shoe. I think I am dealing with a CertainTeed Pivot Shoe Product Code: 15-192, but I would like to have it right first order. When the shoe broke the cam came out, so I am sending a photo of the cam on graph paper with 5 blocks per inch. I do not have the tool to remove the shoe so I photoed a good one in place that was easier to access than the broken one. From reading your website I learned you need a photo of the pin, so I included that. The photo is poor but I hope enough to make an Identification. I am also including the sticker that was on the window with model number and company name. Unless you have something other than their website, the sticker will be of little help.

The windows in my house need props to keep them up. I think the shoes do not hold the rod from the coil spring when in use, so I would like to buy a few shoes for them and try repairing them. I have a photo of the shoe and as much of the pin as I could get out by removing the locating screw. If you could identify the shoe, I would order a few with the other shoe and tools to work on both window types.

Thanks for any help you can give.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
For the pivot shoe with the metal cam, look at our video below for instructions on how to replace it.
I think that our 15-155 pivot shoe is a good match, but you have a unique tilt bar that won't fit in our metal cam, so you will have to try to reuse your old one. The tool for this our 75-069.

The other windows seem to be using the other type of pivot shoe. It looks like it could be our 15-118. See if your cam is 1-1/4" wide and 9/16" thick. For these windows, it might not be the pivot shoes making the windows drop. You might only need to recharge your spiral balances with our 75-006 tool. Look at our other video on how you can do this.
A quick learner says:
In the photo above, I need the metal pin show in the lower right photo. Do you sell them?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I believe that's something like our 26-129, but you have an old version. The manufacturer changed it by adding a ring on the tip that goes into the pivot shoe, which is not compatible with your setup.

If the 26-129 is a match like I suspect, you would also need to replace the pivot shoe with our 15-178 so that they can be used together.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)