Broken Sash - spring out of place

A home owner from Naples, FL says:
I have a few older PGT SH-4000 windows in our house that don't hold themselves up. The top of the bottom sash has a broken side and what I'm guessing is the spring (encased in the silver metal sleeve) has expanded past the top of the bottom sash.

I'm trying to learn if this is something I can fix. I have two of my windows with this problem, and with them being about 13 years old, I'm sure more will go over time.

Thanks!
user: sash
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
This part is known as a top sash guide. We should be able to help, but I'm not sure what you have. Some PGT windows have used our 18-015, but I don't know if this is what you need. You'll need to remove yours from the window and carefully compare it to the information we show for the 18-015 to confirm.
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window sash channel balance
How to replace a window sash channel balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify a replacement channel balance
How to identify a replacement channel balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.