SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Broken Sliding Door Lock

A home owner from Sioux Falls, South Dakota says:
Attached is a photo of the sliding door hardware and locking mechanism. The only markings on the inside of each handle is "Taiwan U.S. Patent 5125703 D340,398." As for measurements, the base of each handle is 8.5 inches long and 1 inch wide. The metal insert that goes inside the door (where the latch is) is 5.75 inches long and 1 inch wide. The inside locking mechanism is 4 inches long on the outside, 3.25 inches long on the inside, and 0.5 inches wide. The thin metal piece (tongue?) that attaches to the locking mechanism lever is what is broken.

Please let me know if replacement parts are available and what the cost is.

Thank you.

User submitted photo of their door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Depending on the thickness of your door, I would recommend either our 82-034 or 82-075. Let me know if you agree. It also looks like you are using the 82-218 mortise lock, though it appears undamaged.
A home owner from Sioux Falls, SD says:
The door is 1.75" thick. Actually, all I need is a replacement for the locking lever/spindle.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid the lever is not available by itself. These are pressed into the handle at the factory and cannot be replaced.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)